Thank you, all my wonderful nerdie techie friends! As you can see, I've managed to stretch the header photo to fit the entire width!
UPDATE: For those who are still seeing the old layout, trying emptying your cache and then reloading the page. That will probably help.
For those wondering how it's done, here's what I did (this applies to Blogger templates only):
- In the upper right-hand corner of your blog, click on Design.
- If you haven't already done it, click on the little "gear" symbol in the upper right-hand corner, and then click on Old Blogger Interface
- (Then click on "Design" again if necessary)
- Click on Template Designer. Give your computer a moment or two until the Live on Blog loads your blog template.
- On the upper left side, click on Advanced. A scroll bar will show up.
- Scroll to the bottom of the scroll bar where it says "ADD CSS." Click on Add CSS.
- THIS IS IMPORTANT: Copy and paste the current HTML coding!!!! You want to be able to go back to the old system if this doesn't work.
- Once your original coding is copy and pasted somewhere safe, copy and paste this:
width: 100% !important;
min-height: 0px !important;
...and replace the old coding with this new coding.
- In the upper right-hand corner is an orange button saying Apply to Blog. -- click on this.
Hopefully that will do it for you! I learned I could tweak the height (I chose 600 px for my blog) and it will adjust things around. You can CAREFULLY play around a bit and see what works for your blog.
Once again, my heart-felt thanks to all you nerds out there. What would this world be without your dedicated nerdiness?