I have two email addresses. I use one for personal reasons (contact with friends and family, etc.) and the other for business purposes. To my business email, I also get every comment that comes through the blog.
Lately my business email has been getting more and more and more spam.
Here's a sampling of the kind of junk I've gotten just today (certain emails arrive multiple time throughout the day as well) -- and as I post this, it's only 12:30 in the afternoon:
• Who's Who Among Executives and Professionals (two emails)
• Try a sub-prime credit card (two emails)
• Pastor kills high blood-pressure with one weird food
• Time to cut the phone cord and upgrade to VoIP
• Reverse mortgages
• VA loans -- $0 down -- pre-qualify today!
• More info on What *vydox Can make you do!
• Grow your audience with email! (two emails)
• Need natural-looking dentures? Find top dentists!
• Your February auto-insurance payment (a false attempt to get me to "click here") (four emails)
• Cloud hosting services
• Your credit score just changed -- please review! (by "clicking here") (three emails)
• Life is Short -- Have an Affair! (three emails)
• CEO Webinars (two emails)
• Save thousands on auto repairs (two emails)
• Let the government subsidize your solar installation!
• Reduce tax debt now!
• Information for medical-billing schools are right here!
• Business funding -- new business opportunities daily!
• Cut health care costs with cheap dental plans
• Revealed: #1 tip for perfect skin
• Gorgeous Russian women starved for love and affection! (yeah right)
• Private yacht rental quotes (three emails)
• Look 10 years younger in less than four weeks!
• Get DISH for only $19.95 per month!
• Arrive in style -- fly on private jets!
• Huge vehicle specials in your area!
• Discover great deals on walk-in tubs!
• Brazilian singles!
...and on and on and on. And these are the "G-rated" emails. I won't delve into the X-rated ones.
On top of this sludge, I get dozens, sometimes hundreds, of spam comments on my blog. Typical examples are as follows:
It's remarkable to go to see this website and reading the views of all colleagues about this paragraph, while I am also zealous of getting know-how. My blog box in legno (dekalux.com)
You have a limited amount of moves to match 3 pieces until you reach a goal. No longer limited to outdoor climbing frames and jungle gyms or simple slides and sandpits, playgrounds are now equipped with an exhaustive range of colors, textures, shapes and musical equipments.
This is not very precise but with practice, you can get good with this method. They have no idea why the Sneaky Chef Chocolate Chip Cookie was so gratifying to eat. Because if you're that desperate, like Jennifer, you will just latch on to the next vaguely eligible man you meet, without taking the time to get to know him as a person. Also visit my page: Candy Crush Level 181
Hello jus wanted to give you a quick heads up. Thee text in your conten seem to be running off the screen inn Firefox. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do wigh browser compatibility but I thought I'd post tto let you know. The design look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon. Thanks Here is mmy web-site: silver tips
Yoour means of explaining everything in this piece of writing is genuinely fastidious, all be
capable of effortlessly know it, Thanks a lot. Feel frere to visit my wweb page - west palm beach piano movers
Whenever you add together the better odds and also the actual funds bonuses it is hard to beat the value of an internet casino. They must offer a safe and a secure gaming environment to all the players. Real - Time Gaming can be played in two distinct versions, flash or download. A wait of several days is normal, since it allows the reputable casinos to make sure that the money is being deposited correctly. Here is my homepage: international removals
...and on and on.
This onslaught seems to be getting worse. Last Tuesday, I had 149 spam emails and one legitimate comment.
I can't change my email address because it's tied to my website, so I guess I just delete 'em as I get 'em. I've even been known to accidentally delete legitimate emails in a fit of cleansing.
No point to this blog post, I'm just venting.
Postscript: Wanna hear the height of irony? Within two minutes (two minutes!) of posting this, I got my first spam post on this post. Grunt.