I am valiantly trying to catch up on my backed-up email inbox. There are lots of comments I've received in the last few months for which I never sent a reply, and by now those emails are so out of date it would be almost embarrassing to answer them, so I'll apologize to anyone kind enough to send an email and who never got a response.
Anyway, a reader sent this some time ago and I thought it was worth a chuckle.
This is What Jeff Foxworthy Had to Say About Idahoans
• If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don’t work there, you live in Idaho.
• If you’ve worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Idaho.
• If you’ve had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed the wrong number, you live in Idaho.
• If you measure distance in hours, you live in Idaho.
• If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in Idaho.
• If you have switched from ‘heat’ to ‘A/C’ and back again in the same day, you live in Idaho.
• If you install security lights on your house and garage but leave both unlocked, you live in Idaho.
• If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Idaho.
• If you design your kid’s Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live in Idaho.
• If the speed limit on the highway is 75 mph — you’re going 80, and everyone is still passing you, you live in Idaho.
• If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you live in Idaho. [YES!!! This is SO true on our two-mile dirt road!!]
• If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you live in Idaho.
• If you find 10 degrees ‘a little chilly’ you live in Idaho.