Time for our Friday Roundup, where we post what things we've accomplished this week that moves us incrementally in the direction of being better prepared.
We've had a much less productive week this week. We just got busy trying to make a living, and stalled on many other projects. Nonetheless we got a few things done, mostly by Don. Here's our roundup:
• I got the blueberries fertilized and added a bit of sawdust for mulch. I still plan to mulch all the tires with straw.
• I did a tremendous amount of weeding in the garden, prepping the beds for planting. Good thing I don't mind weeding, 'cuz there's a lot of it to do.
• Don did an enormous amount of work on the fence for the garden expansion.
• He strengthened the dividing fence across the pasture. We're getting ready to move cattle, hopefully by tomorrow.
• He also built a stand for top feeders for the bees (more on this later). We weren't impressed with the frame feeders we purchased with the hive bodies. We'll see how well these work. (Note: this photo doesn't show the box and lid we installed right after the picture was taken.)
The ladies are very busy -- there's comb galore in several frames, along with capped brood.
That's all we've had time to do this week. Hopefully everyone else has done more -- if so, let's hear your Friday roundup!