In contrast to the beautiful acts of kindness from both Ken and the other family who sent us a gift over Christmas, I came home from a tiring day in the city yesterday to find I had acquired a troll in my absence. It seems someone named Heidi has been reading older posts and snarking her way through my blog history.
I thought you might enjoy reading her remarks. The blog posts on which she's commenting are hyperlinked after her comments.
• What a lecherous and disrespectful thing to say to someone. -- Attachment parenting
• I've encountered many decent Christians, but judging by the content of your blog I wouldn't say you were one of them. I used to be a devoted Christian and would never condemn anyone based on their religion, but religion and good morality are independent of each other. I'm much better off with morals formed from experience and thought than blindly following the instructions of scripture. -- Hollywood vs. Real America
• Miraculously, my parents have managed to raise me to be "decent" (whatever that's supposed to mean) without drastically limiting my life experience. I retained my virginity through high school not out of fear of damnation but because I felt I wasn't ready, if I was it's important that I was fully informed on contraception so I could make the decision safely. There is absolutely nothing wrong with extra-marital sex and it's a dangerous lie to try and tell children. -- The Death of Pretty
• While I have no problem with common courtesy and will myself hold doors open for people, it's absurd when people decry feminism for getting rid of chivalry- feminism has done infinitely more for the world than chivalry ever could. -- The Death of Pretty
• Just out of interest, how do you exercise wearing skirts? seems impractical in some instances. -- The Death of Pretty
• You don't need to inform us at you are feeling smug, it's quite obvious that this is usually the case. -- Feeling smug
• Just because a woman is not a virgin does not mean she sleeps with strangers, it is in fact very rare for this do happen. Why don't you try berating men for sexually harassing strangers, which is much more common. I'd much rather have sexual freedom (and I'm a virgin anyway) than "deserve" to wear white on my wedding day. -- Love and Marriage
• I take it lynchings weren't counted as murder? -- Let's revisit "the good old days"
• You taught your kids that women who wear make-up and "revealing" clothes are evil? Great parenting. -- A message to little girls
• So I'm abnormal for not wanting to have children? I love babies that are related to me, others are generally a bit dull, but I have no interest in raising a child and should not feel pressured to do so for the sake of normality. Especially in a world with an all too quickly expanding population. -- Sex education, home-style
• You learned to judge an entire generation on the actions on one individual? -- Men in training
While I'm always amazed when someone comes to a conservative blog and expresses surprise that the readers are conservative, I'd like to welcome Heidi and hope she enjoys her visits.